Monday, July 26, 2010

The Job Hunt Continues

So I have been off of work for over a month now. One would think that it means I have all kinds of time to get things done and lay around the house but that never seems to happen! I have been attending some career resource classes and those have been very helpful at boosting the spirits and getting my resume in order etc. It has also given me a great chance to meet some wonderful people.

I spent the last weekend helping out for a wonderful career weekend held at Iowa State for students with disabilities. I helped the leader with the class for resume writing and interview preparation. It was such a wonderful group of kids to work with!

The kids are having a pretty laid back summer. I think some times they are bored when Eric and I are job hunting and taking on line courses but overall they have been doing ok. They have been attending several camps for sports and dance. Those keep us hopping!

No comments: